16 December 2007

The Birth of Our Son


Our son John was born today; his name means: "God is gracious"!

We are so thankful to God for his goodness and grace to us. What a marvel to see the birth of my son; I will forever remember the pain that my wife had to go through, but more, we will never forget the joy that both of us felt when we held our child for the first time.

I'm glad that I married a neonatal nurse: she's so efficient to clean the baby, put on the nappy and dress him up. As for myself, I'm on to a new course in paediatrics.

After his first feed, we read his favourite book by Noel Piper: MOST OF ALL JESUS LOVES YOU! That is our prayer to God for our son: that John grows up to experience the wonderful love of Christ, and to share that love with many.

God has been gracious to all of us. Our little child reminds of of God's ultimate love to humanity, "For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given," or as the evangelist John tells us: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Sincere thank for your prayers.

Joe, Joanne … and baby John