31 January 2009

My Father Passed Away



Today my Father, Joseph, passed away aged 82, on the last day of January 2009. I was beside him at the hospital just before he lost consciousness. He asked me to tell my Mum to pray for him. Then we said the Lord's Prayer together, just as he did every night with my Mum before they went to sleep. 'Our Father in heaven ... forgive us our trespasses...' I am certain that God heard his prayer and that right now he is in heaven with the Lord in whom he entrusted his soul.

I thank God for giving me such a Dad. He taught me the value of hard work, and what it means to be a faithful husband and a dedicated father. But most importantly he taught me from my infancy to fear the Lord.

I will miss him sorely, but I am comforted knowing that he is at home with his Saviour.

Please remember my family, especially my Mum, in your prayers.