The Gift of God

Dear friends, Christmas is all about gifts. When I was a young boy my parents used to tell me that Baby Jesus will give me a toy if I was a good boy. Christmas morning was fantastic, waking up to find a toy and sweets on my bed. But then someone at school told me that it was not Jesus but my parents who brought me the gifts. The magic of Christmas was gone!

Later on, I learned from the Scriptures that Jesus gives us life, our daily bread and everything we have. It was Jesus after all who gave me the gifts on Christmas morn!

Moreover, I discovered that the greatest Gift is Jesus Christ Himself. God so loved the world that he gave his Son. “The free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Christmas day is too short to celebrate the grace and goodness of God. If we have received Jesus by faith, we have all life and eternity to enjoy and praise God for his amazing Gift.

May the peace and joy of Christ be with you and your loved ones. Joe and Joanne, and our kids, John, Elizabeth and Mari