Going Home

The Lord was pleased to call my mother home. My mother was a wise and a hard-working woman, but the most prominent characteristic was her kind generosity. She dedicated her entire life in the humble service of others, not least to me and my brothers and sisters.

My mother is gone; the beautiful memories remain as well as the gratitude of her children for her hard work, good example and love.

When I told my son that grandma died, John asked me, “Dad are you crying?” Yes, son, I weep. The tears are a sign of grief for the loss of my mum; the tears are also a sign of my joy and consolation.

My mother believed and trusted her soul in the hands of the Good Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ, and she followed him. The Good Shepherd, who gave his life for his sheep, took care of her during her life; he was always with her even when she passed through the dark valley of death, and brought her to the Father’s house with great joy. Yes, I rejoice, for just as my daughter Elizabeth said, “Grandma is with Jesus.”

The time for our departure will come too. As the Bible says, “It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for this is the end of all mankind, and the living will lay it to heart” (Ecclesiastes 7:2).

All worldly and material things will come to nothing. Money and possessions will suddenly loose all their value. Earthly joys and sufferings will both end. We will leave everything behind us, even our loved ones, and our bodies will return to dust. Only one thing remains: faith! Faith in Christ! For by faith we challenge and overcome our last enemy, death, and enter into the joy of the Father through our Saviour, Jesus Christ.