Happy Easter

I learn a lot from my children ... patience, for instance! But recently John, my three year old son, is teaching me some theology as well.

Last Sunday at church, while we were singing ‘Majesty’, he heard the phrase ‘Jesus who died’. He turned to his mother, evidently shocked, and asked, ‘Jesus died?!’

Poor child. We had taught him that Jesus loves you, Jesus takes care of us, Jesus is always with us ... and now he died!

Like my son, the apostles were also baffled when their Master was taken away. They hid, they went back to their fishing, they were at a loss. I would be utterly confused if Jesus remained dead, for with him all my hopes and meaning will be buried forever. Just as the Scripture says, “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins” (1 Cor 15:17).

Thank God, Jesus triumphed over death. “Christ has indeed been raised from the dead!” My son – all of us - may rest assured that the Saviour is alive!

Hapy Easter!